News for 'Formula One team Force India'

Force India make sure the car is the star

Force India make sure the car is the star

Rediff.com1 Feb 2013

Force India presented their new Formula One car on Friday with only one driver, Britain's Paul Di Resta, in attendance and mystery surrounding the identity of his likely team mate.

Sutil and Bianchi in Force India test

Sutil and Bianchi in Force India test

Rediff.com19 Feb 2013

Germany's Adrian Sutil and Frenchman Jules Bianchi, rivals for the coveted last remaining seat on the Formula One grid with Force India, will both test for the team in Barcelona this week.

F1: Raikkonen fastest in Jerez; Force India to use old car

F1: Raikkonen fastest in Jerez; Force India to use old car

Rediff.com5 Feb 2015

Formula One's first pre-season test ended in Jerez with Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen fastest.

How Force India made the cut in 2009

How Force India made the cut in 2009

Rediff.com17 Dec 2009

Force India team owner and team principal Vijay Mallya on Wednesday spoke of how his team turned things around after a difficult start to Formula One in 2008. The billionaire tycoon also announced Force India's partnership deal with Computational Research Laboratories (CRL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Sons to offer a fully automated Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) solution to aid the design of the F1 team's next generation race cars.

Force India confident ahead of Spanish Grand Prix

Force India confident ahead of Spanish Grand Prix

Rediff.com23 Apr 2008

Both the Force India drivers Giancarlo Fisichella and Adrian Sutil clocked up impressive timing in last week's testing on the same circuit in Barcelona which would host this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix. Force India's chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne reckons the team is moving in the right direction and he says both the drivers would be upbeat as they go for the Spanish Grand Prix and the subsequent races.

It's official: Fisichella, Sutil for Force India

It's official: Fisichella, Sutil for Force India

Rediff.com10 Jan 2008

Renault discard Giancarlo Fisichella and highly-rated German Adrian Sutil will lead the Force India F1 while another Italian Viantonio Liuzzi will be its another test driver.

'Negative to have Indian driver at Force India'

'Negative to have Indian driver at Force India'

Rediff.com20 May 2010

Having an Indian driver in Force India just for the sake of it would have been counter-productive for the Silverstone-based outfit, said Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

F1: Force India hit with strange sanction

F1: Force India hit with strange sanction

Rediff.com15 May 2017

Force India collected one of Formula One's stranger sanctions on Sunday when they were given a suspended 25,000-euro ($27,317.50) fine for a breach of the rules concerning driver numbers on their cars.

Force India stay ahead of Williams after protests

Force India stay ahead of Williams after protests

Rediff.com27 Sep 2010

Force India stayed ahead of Williams in the Formula One constructors' standings after a post-race protest at the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday. Force India's Adrian Sutil, who had finished eighth, was first handed a 20-second penalty for having gained an advantage on lap one by going off the track. That dropped the German down to 10th.

Colliding team mates: Force India's big headache this season!

Colliding team mates: Force India's big headache this season!

Rediff.com28 Aug 2017

Force India vowed to rein in fractious Formula One drivers Esteban Ocon and Sergio Perez after more costly collisions between the pair at the Belgian Grand Prix.

Force India is closely watched by Monisha's Sauber

Force India is closely watched by Monisha's Sauber

Rediff.com12 Oct 2012

Sauber's newly-appointed Indian-origin Team Principal Monisha Kaltenborn, the first woman to reach this position in Formula One, says she is well aware of the competition her outfit faces from Sahara Force India.

Mallya's Force India reprimanded after tyre bungle

Mallya's Force India reprimanded after tyre bungle

Rediff.com26 Jul 2010

Force India were reprimanded by stewards at the German Formula One Grand Prix on Sunday after mixing up their drivers' tyres.

Force India's new car to debut on Sunday

Force India's new car to debut on Sunday

Rediff.com24 Feb 2009

Force India will give their new Mercedes-powered Formula One car its track debut at Jerez in southern Spain on Sunday, the team said in a statement.

Force India retain Sutil, di Resta to make debut

Force India retain Sutil, di Resta to make debut

Rediff.com26 Jan 2011

Ace German driver Adrian Sutil will continue with Force India for a fifth consecutive season while Paul di Resta is set to make his debut with the Silverstone-based team in the 2011 FIA Formula One World Championship season.

Force India staff leave Bahrain after petrol bomb

Force India staff leave Bahrain after petrol bomb

Rediff.com19 Apr 2012

A Force India Formula One team employee has been allowed to return home from Bahrain after expressing safety fears ahead of this weekend's controversial Grand Prix.

Force India on the move, says new boss

Force India on the move, says new boss

Rediff.com20 Mar 2009

Four months into his new job as chief operations officer, effectively overseeing the Silverstone-based team's day-to-day workings for billionaire owner Vijay Mallya, Simon Roberts is convinced Force India is set to go places.

Force India hoping for a better show in Sepang

Force India hoping for a better show in Sepang

Rediff.com20 Mar 2012

Paul di Resta said the upcoming Malaysian Grand Prix would be an interesting one as it is considered as one of the toughest races of the year.

How fatherhood has changed Force India's Perez

How fatherhood has changed Force India's Perez

Rediff.com15 Mar 2018

Fatherhood has changed Sergio Perez's life since the end of last season and the Mexican hopes the coming year in Formula One could be just as transformative on the track.

Force India looking long term on driver decision

Force India looking long term on driver decision

Rediff.com5 Feb 2013

Germany's Adrian Sutil and Frenchman Jules Bianchi are frontrunners for Force India's second Formula One race seat but the decision is about more than just the highest bidder, the team said on Friday.

Force India's Adrian Sutil faces legal charges

Force India's Adrian Sutil faces legal charges

Rediff.com17 May 2011

Force India driver Adrian Sutil was warned on Monday he faced legal charges for physical assault after a nightclub incident at last month's Chinese Formula One Grand Prix.

Force India back at the front again

Force India back at the front again

Rediff.com12 Sep 2009

Force India answered any lingering doubters on Saturday by roaring onto the front row of the Formula One starting grid for the second time in as many races. Team owner Vijay Mallya allowed himself to savour the moment after Germany's Adrian Sutil qualified second at the Italian Grand Prix.

Klien, Liuzzi to test for Force India

Klien, Liuzzi to test for Force India

Rediff.com11 Nov 2007

The Indian-owned team said the two drivers would join German Adrian Sutil at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya on November 14 and 15.

Force India hope to debut new F1 car on Friday

Force India hope to debut new F1 car on Friday

Rediff.com25 Feb 2015

Force India, who finished sixth overall last year but whose owners have had financial troubles, missed the first test in Jerez.

Force India stand by Sutil after assault claim

Force India stand by Sutil after assault claim

Rediff.com18 May 2011

Force India stood by Adrian Sutil on Tuesday after their German Formula One driver was warned he faced an assault charge following a nightclub incident in China last month.

Absent Mallya hopes for Force India boost in Spain

Absent Mallya hopes for Force India boost in Spain

Rediff.com10 May 2016

Embattled Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya will not be attending Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix but he is hoping for a change of fortune on the track at least for his Formula One team in Barcelona.

F1: Will Perez stay at Force India?

F1: Will Perez stay at Force India?

Rediff.com14 Sep 2017

Sergio Perez expects to have his Formula One future decided before next month's Malaysian Grand Prix and said on Thursday that he is currently weighing up two options.

Force India unveil new motorhome in Barcelona

Force India unveil new motorhome in Barcelona

Rediff.com24 Apr 2008

The Vijay Mallya-owned team unveiled a brand new trackside venue in the paddock at the Circuit de Catalunya and plans to bring it to all the European races this season. With a glass-fronted facade and state-of-the-art facilities, the grid's newest team hopes the motorhome will set a fresh standard for paddock hospitality and rival McLaren's 'Brand Centre' and Red Bull's 'Energy Station' as the toast of the pit lane's glitterati.

Force India to test Ralf Schumacher and Fisichella

Force India to test Ralf Schumacher and Fisichella

Rediff.com28 Nov 2007

The renamed team, formerly Spyker, said on Wednesday that the two would each have a full day of testing in Jerez from December 4-7, joining fellow-hopefuls Christian Klien of Austria, Italian Vitantonio Liuzzi and France's Franck Montagny.

Mallya keeps Sutil in mind for Force India

Mallya keeps Sutil in mind for Force India

Rediff.com29 Oct 2012

Adrian Sutil could be in the frame for a return to Force India and Formula One if fellow-German Nico Hulkenberg moves to Sauber next season, according to team co-owner Vijay Mallya.

Force India taking major upgrade to Valencia

Force India taking major upgrade to Valencia

Rediff.com19 Aug 2009

Force India are making significant changes to their car in their quest for a first point in Formula One this weekend.

Mercedes, Ferrari, Force India: Team prospects for 2018 F1 season

Mercedes, Ferrari, Force India: Team prospects for 2018 F1 season

Rediff.com20 Mar 2018

Formula One motor racing: Team prospects for 2018

Formula One: Vettel, Alonso suffer punctures at Spa, demand answers

Formula One: Vettel, Alonso suffer punctures at Spa, demand answers

Rediff.com24 Aug 2013

Formula One drivers sought reassurance from tyre supplier Pirelli on Friday after world champion Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso suffered punctures in second practice at the Belgian Grand Prix.

F1: Force India enjoy double points finish, overtake McLaren to go to fifth

F1: Force India enjoy double points finish, overtake McLaren to go to fifth

Rediff.com21 Sep 2014

Force India regained fifth position in the team standings with a double points finish at the Formula One Singapore Grand Prix at the Marina Bay Street Circuit on Sunday.

Sahara is by no means financially weak and Force India will race on: Mallya

Sahara is by no means financially weak and Force India will race on: Mallya

Rediff.com10 Nov 2014

Force India co-owner Vijay Mallya has rejected speculation about his Formula One team's finances, saying they will be racing for years to come.

PIX: Force India reveals new car for 2018 season

PIX: Force India reveals new car for 2018 season

Rediff.com26 Feb 2018

Force India, on Monday, unveiled its new car --VJM11 -- for the 2018 season, hours ahead of first testing.

Love it or loathe it, Formula One has a halo

Love it or loathe it, Formula One has a halo

Rediff.com15 Mar 2018

Formula One's clunky 'halo' head protection device, the most obvious novelty of the 2018 season, has divided opinion.

F1: Haas protest Force India cars at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

F1: Haas protest Force India cars at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Rediff.com23 Nov 2018

Hamilton and Alonso happy to see old rival Kubica return

Force India hoping to finish off on a high in Brazil

Force India hoping to finish off on a high in Brazil

Rediff.com20 Nov 2013

Sahara Force India will guard against complacency in Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix, the final race of the 2013 Formula One season, as the team wants to finish sixth in the constructors' title and the drivers want to sign off on a high.

Force India will score points in 2009: Mallya

Force India will score points in 2009: Mallya

Rediff.com22 Mar 2009

Force India team owner Vijay Mallya believes his team can recover from the disastrous showing in 2008 and aim to regularly score points in the upcoming Formula One season.

Hoping to carry good form to Monza: Force India

Hoping to carry good form to Monza: Force India

Rediff.com6 Sep 2012

Sahara Force India made a good start to the second half of the season with 13 points at Spa, and the Formula One outfit is optimistic of carrying forward the momentum into the Sunday's Italian Grand Prix.